Since the last regular report of the dean was submitted on May 20th 1932, many changes have taken place which affect the Law School. At that time the school was housed in an old brick building at the northeast corner of Broad and Lumpkin Streets. There was then under construction, however, a new building on the campus of the University. This building was completed in October 1932 and the Law School took possession of it in that month. On October 20, 1932 there was held in the century-old chapel of the University the dedicatory exercises of the new law building, which was named Harold Hirsch Hall in honor of Harold Hirsch, Esq., a distinguished alumnus of the University. The library of the School was given the name of Alexander Campbell King Memorial Library in honor of Judge Alexander Campbell King, a former judge of the United State Circuit Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. The exercises were attended by many friends and alumni of the University. A record of what took place on that day is preserved in a pamphlet which is attached to this report and which should be permanently preserved.
Caldwell, Harmon W., "Dean' Report 1934" (1934). Other Law School Publications. Paper 54.