This community aims to collect together the historical records and intellectual output of the clinical and experiential learning programs and their faculty at the University of Georgia School of Law. Clinical education at UGA's law school has its origins in 1957 when student groups formed under the name of "The Legal Aid Society". As interest grew, formal course offerings evolved and in 1968 a director of clinical education was designated to oversee the work of the Legal Aid and Defender Society and give rise to the new Prosecutorial Clinic. Today there are more than 15 clinical, practicum and other experiential courses available to law students. Learn more about current courses and recent news.