Professional studio portrait of Edith House (back side), most likely taken in the middle of her career. House was co-valedictorian of the University of Georgia School of Law's Class of 1925 and one of the school's first female graduates. She practiced law for nearly forty years, retiring from her esteemed position as assistant U.S. attorney for the southern district of Florida in 1963. Established in 1983, the Edith House Lecture Series pays tribute to House's accomplishments by bringing outstanding female legal scholars and practitioners to the University of Georgia.. Transcribed from photo: "House alternate p. 62."
Women lawyers--Georgia||Women lawyers--United States||Law schools--Georgia||University of Georgia. School of Law||Speeches, addresses, etc.