Edith Elizabeth House (1903-1987) was one of the first two female graduates of the University of Georgia School of Law and co-valedictorian of the Class of 1925. This portrait by artist Allison Freed Schneider was gifted to the School of Law by the Women Law Students Association on April 3, 1984.
For more information about this and other items related to Edith House, please visit the Edith House Exhibit series. This work currently hangs on the second floor of Hirsch Hall's Rotunda.
A second portrait portrait painted by Frankie House, House's sister-in-law, was gifted to the law school in April 1989 by the House family.
House, Portrait, Painting