University of Georgia Alumni Association celebrates 40 Under 40 Class of 2015; Alums Boyd and Gooch included
University of Georgia Alumni Association celebrates 40 Under 40 Class of 2015; Alums Boyd and Gooch includedMonday, September 14, 2015
Friday, September 11, 2015
Contact: Elizabeth Elmore, 706-542-8149, email@example.com
University of Georgia Alumni Association celebrates 40 Under 40 Class of 2015
Atlanta, Ga. – The University of Georgia Alumni Association hosted the fifth annual 40 Under 40 Awards Luncheon at the InterContinentalBuckhead Atlanta on Sept. 10. This program recognizes UGA alumni 40 and younger who have made great strides in their personal and professional endeavors, and maintained a lifelong commitment to the university.
This year’s honorees, including their city, title and organization, are:
- Michael Azzolin, Bishop, co-founder and owner, PharmD on Demand.
- Laura Bland, Tifton, executive director, Stratus Healthcare.
- Brad Bohannon, Newnan, vice president for government relations, Georgia Lottery Corporation.
- Meaghan Goodwin Boyd, Atlanta, partner, Alston & Bird LLP.
- Blake F. Bruce, Atlanta, senior vice president for wealth management, Merrill Lynch: The Bruce Dickey Group.
- Tricia Chastain, Roswell, president, Georgia Student Finance Commission.
- Adam Cohen, Savannah, partner, Tenon Consulting.
- Emily Hammond Cook, Brooklyn, New York, general management associate, producing, The Public Theater.
- Kappy deButts, Atlanta, executive director, The Zeist Foundation Inc.
- Ashley Edmonds, Brookhaven, founder and owner, Lilywrap and Beer Greetings.
- Curtis Franks, Orlando, Florida, counsel, NBC Sports.
- Drew French, Athens, founder and president, Your Pie Franchising.
- Matthew Fuhrmann, College Station, Texas, associate professor and Rothrock ’77 Fellow, Texas A&M University.
- Brian Fuller, Atlanta, vice president, Avalere.
- Kevin Gooch, Decatur, partner, Alston & Bird LLP.
- Holly Gooding, Boston, assistant professor of pediatrics, Harvard Medical School.
- Brett Hansen, Alpharetta, senior vice president-wealth management, Merrill Lynch: SHL & Associates Financial Advisory Team.
- Sharon Holbrooks, Winterville, conservation easement specialist, U.S. Department of Agriculture Natural Resources Conservation Service.
- Emily Howell, Jefferson, owner and orthodontist, Howell Orthodontics.
- Anisa Sullivan Jimenez, Athens, director of public relations and communications, Clarke County School District.
- J. Cade Joiner, Macon, owner, Shred-X.
- Molly Kordares, New York City, producer, CBS News.
- David Lasseter, Washington, D.C., director of government relations, United Technologies Corporation.
- Amy Ohde, Smyrna, director of field operations-Southwest region, Chick-fil-A Inc.
- Jillian Puente, San Francisco, marketing manager, Google Fiber.
- Andy Roddenbery V, Columbus, general surgeon, St. Francis Hospital and the Medical Center.
- Christina Sass, Plymouth, North Carolina, co-founder, Andela.
- Deep J. Shah, Atlanta, primary care resident, Emory University Internal Medicine/Primary Care.
- Justin Shanken, Woodstock, counterintelligence special agent, Defense SecurityService.
- Mamie Shepherd, Charlotte, North Carolina, program coordinator, Ryan SeacrestFoundation.
- Jacinta Smith, Lithonia, microbiologist, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention/U.S. Public Health Service.
- Julie Smithwick, West Columbia, South Carolina, founder and executive director, PASOs.
- Heather Teilhet, Marietta, vice president for government relations, Georgia EMC.
- Baxter Tharin, Las Vegas, radiologist, U.S. Air Force.
- Arthur Tripp Jr., Landover, Maryland, senior policy adviser, Office of U.S. Congressman David Scott.
- Cara Turano, Atlanta, vice president of sales, CaféX Communications.
- Gerry “Bubba” Watson, Windermere, Florida, professional golfer, Professional Golfers Association.
- David Werner, Atlanta, chief operating officer, Office of Georgia Gov. NathanDeal.
- James Whitley, Athens, vice president and COO, Landmark Properties Inc.
- Becky Winkler, Charlotte, North Carolina, industrial psychologist, Green PeakPartners.
For more information about the 40 Under 40 program and/or to view previous honorees, see www.alumni.uga.edu/40u40.
The UGA Alumni Association The UGA Alumni Association proudly supports the academic excellence, best interests and traditions of Georgia’s flagship university and its more than 288,000 alumni worldwide. For more information, see www.alumni.uga.edu.
Note to editors: Images are available at the following URLs.
Speaker: Tonya Harris Cornileus, vice president for learning and organizational development, ESPN:http://multimedia.uga.edu/media/images/Tonya_Harris_Cornileus_40u40.jpg.
This release is available online at http://news.uga.edu/releases/article/uga-40-under-40-2015-recap/.
Communications and Public Relations, Office of, "University of Georgia Alumni Association celebrates 40 Under 40 Class of 2015; Alums Boyd and Gooch included" (2015). Press Releases. 749.